New Puppy Day 1

 Our new boy had his first vaccinations today at 9am, so we went to collect him just before lunchtime.  His previous home was about 2 miles away, and we have been so lucky to be able to visit him since he was born.  


He is 8 weeks old now.
We took him straight to the garden, and let him acclimatise.  I always have a new dog 'pee' outdoors before we show them the inside of the house.  
It's worked for the last four dogs, and I have fingers crossed it will work for Buster too.

One thing that we wanted to buy before Buster arrived was a padded dog bed just for him.
Millie has her own bed, and we want to keep it that way for the first few weeks.
We went to the local pet shop, and didn't stay long: dog beds/padded cushions started at £165! ! !
I could not believe it, and almost let out several swear words!

When we came home and pup was chilled out I took two cushions we didn't really need, stithed them together and made a zipped cover from fabric I already had.  This padded dog bed cost me about £2 to make.


I'm glad it's fine weather so Buster can settle in well.
He is virtually house-trained already, so we are very lucky!

FMxx




Comments

  1. Oh my goodness!! He is a cutie! I can see he's going to be a lot of fun. We've tentatively reserved a pup, however, even though almost 6 weeks have passed since the sudden loss of our previous pup, I still keep getting upset - not constantly like it was, but the grief springs upon you from nowhere at times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so, so sad to lose a little one so unexpectedly. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
      I never thought I'd be able to get another dog after losing Ron so suddenly. I didn't want to replace him - and we aren't. I have a couple of ornaments and some beautiful photos of him. We will never forget him.
      He would love this one. X

      Delete
  2. Today, we planted a plum tree in memory of our Laddie. He died nearly two years ago. We used his ashes in the planting material. He loved to lie under the old tree and licked the plums when they fell and split. The tree was dying at the same time as him.

    Our little dog knew him and lived his last year with him. He trained her well.

    Enjoy your new family member.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts