Money-Saving Expert!


 Like very many people these days, we are our own money-saving experts. We have been frugal for many years out of need, and we save up for things as well as using budgeting skills.

We have been happily trudging along with online sales this week - both eBay and Vinted have helped our savings pot.

I use eBay to sell vintage items - this week it was a 1940s gravy boat - and Vinted to sell clothes and shoes. I've sold every item this week that I listed on Vinted, and have listed more.

I check what similar items have sold - or are listed for, and list our things at less.  We keep packaging to reuse for these items, especially plastic like bubble wrap.

I like to keep updating each website every few days so that I always have something for sale, even for £1.  

In case I've made it sound like we live amongst a whole load of items to sell; but daughter gave us a huge load of LPs she had bought at a car boot sale - and I am selling the ones we don't like.  I was also given a bag of unwanted clothes for us to use or sell.

Some things I sell are homemade - last year I made lots of jars of chilli chutney from our leftover crop of tomatoes and chillis.  I keep empty jars in our shed and then use these when I make items to sell.


I also ensure I always have a craft on the go - knitted socks sell well - and am currently making baby cardigans. 


We love 'not' spending money and using things up - my next blogpost is all about this!


FM xx


Comments

Popular Posts