A Smashing Sunday

I can think of few things more glorious than a properly chilled-out day at home.
I woke up at 6.15: I'm never bothered waking up early. 
I adore the peace and quiet of the house when everyone else is asleep and dreaming. I'm not alone, see? They're here, but I'm on my own.  On my own but not alone.
Anyway.
The dawn chorus over the river in front of where we live was gorgeous today.
Such a happy, happy sound.
I trotted back to bed with my cup of tea and watched the sky for a while.

It was a good two hours later that one of the little people knocked on our bedroom door and came in for morning cuddles.  My iPad found cbeebies and we snuggled up to watch and chat about Mr Tumble!
When Man Wonderful had showered and dressed, he took the little one off for breakfast in the kitchen and I stopped just where I was with yesterday's newspaper.
When I heard the household were all up and about, I joined them in the kitchen.

GD works on Sundays, and her husband is on leave at the mo so we chatted through the plans for the day.
My plans were to work on my eBay sales and then cook a Roast Dinner for everyone's evening meal.

The only change to that has been a little trip out in the car to actually deliver one of the items I've sold on eBay and this enabled me to refund some postage to a lady as well as having a little trip out in the afternoon sun.

I've started to sort through and sell my vintage knitting and sewing patterns this week, and over the next few days will be listing vintage material and wool bundles.  I'm not asking much for anything I'm selling, and have had a lot of success so far, so fingers crossed for the rest!

I recently joined in with Winwick Mum's sockalong.  Amongst my wool stash I have a number of half and 3/4 balls of sock wool.  I was going to keep this in my stash, but it's going on the Bay of e instead.

Thank you to those who've sent me supportive messages following my last post.
I'm not feeling low, just shaken up.
I have spoken to someone about what happened.


Right.
Now I've caught you up on my day, I'm off to peel some spuds, baste my crackling, and make the batter for my Yorkshire puddings.

More tomorrow. :-)






Comments

  1. that does indeed sound a smashing sunday the roast sounds lovely...we havent had a roast for a while makes the kitchen too hot but i have some gammon i am going to do in the sc tomorrow so hope that will be nice

    where do you shop ? do you get your meat from somewhere particular ? i like nice meat we dont have a got but like to buy nice stuff

    take care tessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tessa!
    As I don't drive, I'm a little tied shopping-wise to where other people are going. Today's roast pork meat came from the local Cooperative, as did the broccoli and cauliflower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to have a roast. When it is just me, a roast isn't particularly sensible but I do love them! :-)
    Can you direct me to your eBay page, please? I like vintage patterns! :-)
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  4. thankyou
    tessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo vintage patterns - gimme the link as I adore knitting vintage patterns the absolute best! I'm on a big blog catch up so have missed all the news

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts