There's no such thing as a free lunch..

 That might be true, but there is such a thing as an unexpected meal!

Yesterday afternoon our veg box arrived.  



We had some things leftover from last week which I took out and placed on the kitchen worktop.

These were:  three big onions, two huge parsnips, four medium sized carrots, a gorgeous savoy cabbage and four potatoes.







I got out the slow cooker this morning, popped in two veg stock cubes, a litre of water, a mug full of red lentils and all the above veg (except the cabbage) chopped into big chunks.  I've popped this on high and am checking it every now and then.  I'll add more water when it is needed - we won't have it for lunch but will either eat veg stew for supper or for lunch tomorrow.

I don't tend to put cabbage in stew, so we will ensure to eat this before the next cabbage in our veg box!


What's cooking at your house today?


Tracey xx


Comments

  1. I used a broccoli stem to make some soup and it was delicious!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts