Wearing the Same Wardrobe

It's not a new thing for me to have a limited wardrobe of clothes.

A few years ago, Man Wonderful and I moved out of our home after selling almost all our possessions, and lived in a caravan.  

For the last 5+ years we have lived in our small house, and shared one single wardrobe between us.

I tend to wear the same things each weekday - working or not - and dress differently if we go out somewhere.

My bog standard clothes are; Jeans, t-shirt, jumper.  My smarter clothes are; dress, tights, cardigan.

I don't have many items of clothes, and like to wear the same style of clothing each day.

I have two pairs of jeans, six t-shirts and three jumpers.  

I have too many dresses - I only wear two that I own, and have another 4 in the wardrobe - and two cardigans.

As well as underwear and tights - of which I have many pairs - I have three pairs of pyjamas, two pairs of gym trousers and two gym tops.


It is very easy to wear the same wardrobe of clothes - I only buy something new when I need to replace an item.


Do you have lots of clothing?


FMxx



Comments

  1. You certainly have managed to pare things back a lot. Something I have never achieved, because if I like something even if I never get a chance to wear it I tend to hang onto it. As a result I have clothes that are 25 or 30 years old in the wardrobe. Overall I have quite a lot of clothes but probably not as many as a lot of women I know. Many of mine are similar - 6 lots of gym clothes, 8 swimsuits, many long sleeved t-shirts and black trousers. This is mainly because I don't like washing so I make sure I have enough of everything to see me through a week at the gym and a fortnight for everything else, and in the case of jumpers, much longer as I particularly hate hand washing fiddly and delicate things so leave them as long as possible until the woolies laundry basket is full to the brim and I can't avoid it. Where I am scanty is shoes. I mainly wear the same black slipons all the time and have two identical pairs, one for everyday and one for 'best'. I have a pair of 'funeral' shoes, a pair of sandals that hardly ever get an airing, and a pair of walking boots that also double as snow shoes. Apart from the slipons my shoes get such little use that I've had the same ones for donkeys years. I am slowly trying to reduce the clothes, getting rid of things I don't think suit me or things that don't match most of what I've got, but so far I've only managed about 10 items this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have five tops, two long sleeve tshirts, one short sleeve tshirt, four pairs of leggings and two summer dresses.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts