Super Supermarket Shopping

 It felt very strange to go to the supermarket this morning.  

We needed to replace a couple of items, and wrote out a list for exactly what we needed to buy.

During the week the big supermarkets can be fairly quiet - compared to a weekend.

Today it seemed like there were very few people shopping, although I noticed there were lots of folk in the cafe as we walked into the store.

We needed to buy:

 - Shampoo and conditioner for me.  Man Wonderful doesn't use either.  I last bought both products almost a year ago.  Although I have fairly long, thick, curly hair, I don't wash it more than twice a week.  I use conditioner as my hair can be dry and frizzy otherwise.  When my previous shampoo and conditioner were running low, I topped up the bottles with water; and have been using this for the last couple of weeks.  Today I bought the cheapest products per 100g that were for dry hair.

 - Tuna.  We eat this maybe once a month, and I use it to make homemade fishcakes.  There was an offer today, so I bought four tins at a much cheaper price than I usually pay.

- Fruit teabags.  I stopped drinking tea and coffee in January, and have enjoyed drinking fruit and herb teas.  The supermarket's own fruit teabags are 90p for 20 bags.  Much, much cheaper than anywhere else I can buy them.

- Lemonade.  The grandkids drink this with squash, and we had run out.  Again, the supermarket's own is cheaper than anywhere else.

- Olive spread.  We were almost out of our spread.  We don't use butter, and I use this for baking as well as toast or sandwiches.

- Red wine.  I don't drink, but Man Wonderful like to drink red wine at the weekend.  He hasn't for the last month while we were paying our vet bill, so bought two bottles today.

- Golden syrup.  I'm making pudding this weekend after our roast dinner and didn't have enough golden syrup.  The shop's own is about a third cheaper that the branded version.


How daft was I to be excited going to the supermarket?  

FM xx

Comments

  1. Not daft at all. When things are in super frugal mode, it is nice to get out of the house. I went yesterday, and a bag of French fries(frozen) was 5.99 (USD). I almost fell over into the frozen fish case. I did not buy them. I needed some ham and cheese. That was it. We are trying to be very careful. Your blog has helped me a lot.
    Take care and enjoy your weekend.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts