Sharing Personal Details

 For those who only know me through my blog - not in real life - I'm bigger than I should be, health-wise. Over the last 30 years I've attempted many diets to slim down.  My older sister has managed to lose 6 stones in weight, and keep it off.

I've slowly got bigger.

Despite three mini health warnings last year I didn't lose weight, and I'm now presented with 'You Don't Have A Choice Anymore'.

I've caused my health to suffer.

It's now time for me to be a grown-up, and reverse the health issues while I still can.  I know what is healthy and what is unhealthy - we eat healthy foods.  What I haven't been doing is eating the right amount of the healthy foods.

We occasionally eat unhealthy foods.  I don't have the decision to eat unhealthy foods anymore.


These are some things I find difficult:

. we are invited to friend's house for a meal

. we are invited over to friend's house for a takeaway 

. family ask us to join them for a meal

. we go to stay with family who manage the meals


How I now have to behave:

. take with me an emergency meal replacement to someone else's house

. ask beforehand what we may be eating, and excuse myself from this if it is something I can no longer eat

. share with family and friends how I have to eat from now on 


This is not a short-term weight-loss diet.  This is for the rest of my life.  I have to do this so that I will have the rest of my life.


FMxx





Comments

  1. It is hard but worth it, suggestion eat before you go then just have a nibble, good luck it will be worth it. I have muesli fruit-and yogurt and a boiled egg for breakfast, then only one small carb the rest of the day. I do not have biscuits sweets in the house, but do eat lots of fruit and veg and a little meat or chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the very best, it will get easier as you go on Blods x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have struggled with weightloss all my life. I've lost considerable amounts, but over 3 or 4 years the weight crept back on again. Having given up for many years, I'm now nearing 60 and trying to repair some of the damage. Like you I eat mostly healthy food high in fibre, but I eat too much of it (and still feel hungry most of the day) so the prospect of eating less is grim. Most of my very gradual weight loss is down to exercise but having tried and rejected several diets recently including Slimming World I've realised that only a balanced diet works for me. Diets that encourage you to cut out most of an entire food group like carbs or fats either makes me depressed (carbs) or hungry all the time (fats), and upset my digestion. What really helps me is always having something in the fridge to quickly build a meal (chopped veg, a big bowl of bean salad, boiled eggs, prepared low fat dips) and a pan of vegetable soup on the stove as when I home ravenous I know I'm not going to spend much more time than it would take to make toast preparing the food. Exercise remains the key for me, and has the added bonus of building muscle, making me more resilient physically; and even if I'm not losing a lot of weight I know I'm swapping fat for muscle and getting smaller. The very best of luck with your new eating regimen; a lot of us here are rooting for you I know. It sounds very tough but I'm sure if friends and family know what you have to do and why you're doing it they'll not tempt you with takeaways and try and adapt family meals to suit your needs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts