Monday's Chores

 Since I was medically retired (posh, eh?), I naturally fell into a timetable of doing different things around the house.

One of the best things about living in a wee house is that there's less space to keep clean!!  Way back when we first lived together, we lived in a three storey Victorian house, with stained glass on front door and some windows.  It was such a beautiful house although there was no garden, and me being a dog person, it meant that we would move on once we could.  

We were very lucky to sell the house for a profit, and we bought a b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l new-build house near my work.  Daughter went to the local school, and we were totally in love with this house; we did think it would be our forever home.  

Anyhoo..

When Man Wonderful and I were both working full-time, we had a cleaner.  Betty hoovered through the house, wiped surfaces, cleaned bathrooms and did our ironing. (Before Man Wonderful and I even met, I had a cleaner for the house I had on my own in a different part of the city.. How things change!!)

Some years later, here we are in our tiny house; and I love  cleaning.  It's like another hobby!

On Mondays I deep clean the kitchen, including our built-in oven.  I often don't even get dressed for the day until I've completed my kitchen clean!!  Once the kitchen is done I tidy the rooms and hoover all downstairs and the sofas.  These are my Monday chores.

Tuesday means deep cleaning the bathroom, tidying and hoovering upstairs.

Wednesday I dust through and hoover downstairs.

Thursday I deep clean the conservatory and downstairs windows.

Friday I change the beds, hoover/dust upstairs and upstairs windows.

Saturday I just tidy/hoover downstairs if needed.

Sunday I spend all afternoon preparing and cooking a roast meal with dessert for the family.  I love this.


If I am not able to do any of these chores, the sky doesn't fall down - if there's something I really want done and I am not able to do it, then Man Wonderful steps in.  He is just amazing.


Do you have set days for set chores?


FM xx


Comments

Popular Posts