Thankful

 Ohh thank goodness that is over.

I had a medical procedure today - let's just say it has ben a colourful couple of days, and leave it at that.  

All good - and MUCH better than it could have been, diagnosis-wise.  It's 'all hands to the pump' now to change the diet and meal plans, etc., from now on.  That is completely manageable.


One of my friends dropped over a bag of new wool that is wound into skeins.  She bought it at a craft fair some years ago, and has not done anything with it; so it has been sorted-out my way!

I've weighed it and worked out that it is aran weight.

And looked on Ravelry for a couple of pattern ideas.

I think I might just make something for me this time, as I completed another pair of socks to sell; just before we left for the hospital.

Tomorrow I will sort out some needles and begin to wind the wool from skeins to balls, as I hope the sedation from today will have gone completely from my system.


Oh I do love simple things.


FMxx

Comments

  1. I'm so glad things are so much better than you feared. Enjoy the knitting. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite right, knit something you would like to wear or use. So glad to hear you've had more tests and things don't look as bad as you perhaps feared. I'm sure you'll bring the same gumption that's allowed you to live a fulfilling life on a limited budget to this new challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the results if the procedure were positive and you can relax now. It’s wonderful to have a gift of yarn that you can make something for yourself. I am currently knitting a kind of Aran type gilet as a modern version of an old Aran waistcoat. Take care. Catriona

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts