Frugal Dinner Party!

 I adore seeing folks.

Sometimes - yes - I love to draw the curtains, lock the door, put on my PJs and snuggle on the sofa - let's be honest, that's me almost every day!  

But it is a nice change, something to look forward to, when we go to friends' houses or they come here.

The folks we saw yesterday evening - Nick and Kerry - are very similar to ourselves: chilled out, gentle, calm, fun, bright people.

We can talk about anything and everything.

I grew up in the same street as the Nick, we've known each other all our lives.  Kerry I've known since I was 15. She makes Mrs Hinch look untidy with her amazing housework, and we are such  good friends.

A couple of weeks ago we went to their house to share a meal that turned out to be an Indian takeaway, followed by a gorgeous homemade rice dessert. Yum!

Yesterday they came here, and I made my Mushroom Risotto followed by my version of Tiramisu. The meal was a big hit, and didn't cost the earth.

If I have people coming over I like to hoover through (even if it's been done that day, we have dogs), clean bathroom and kitchen, plump up the sofa cushions and tidy the bedrooms.  I know, I know, I don't need to have super tidy bedrooms: but it means after a lovely evening Man Wonderful and I can just fall into a clean bed.

I chose to make mushroom risotto as it's cheap, we have all the ingredients and I can 'posh it up' for a dinner.  I chose tiramisu for the same reasons.

For my risotto I used:  arborio rice, stock, onion, garlic, fresh and dried mushrooms. I used vegetarian parmesan to top it, and served it with rocket. 

For tiramisu I used: fresh coffee, sponge fingers, ricotta, yogurt, sweetener and cocoa powder.

The only things I had to buy were: 

. Ricotta

. Rocket leaves

. Sponge fingers

We all drink non-alcoholic soft drinks, and I put some olives on the table to nibble.


Do you feed other people for a nice evening?  

What do you/would you cook?

FM xx


Comments

Popular Posts