How to Beat the Sunday Evening Blues

 When I was a full-time teacher I used to really suffer with the Sunday Evening Blues.

I would be with the family for the whole weekend - from Friday evening - until just after Sunday lunchtime; then I would shut myself away until teatime on Sunday to do my school work/planning/preparation for the week ahead.  That timing worked for me.

But Sunday Evening I would get really fed up.

Antiques Roadshow.   Bath and hairwash.  Crap telly.

What I do these days (I'm no longer a full-time teacher, I hasten to add) is preparation and planning then a chill-out.  

I plan our meals for the week in detail.

I order our weekly veg and fruit delivery.

I scan our receipts for the week and upload them to the computer.

I check my diary with Man Wonderful's diary and we talk about the week ahead - do we need to get fuel? Do we need to get any shopping? Which days are we seeing the grandchildren?  Are we OK for pet food? 

I put my medication for the week into wee daily boxes.  I make the bed.  

I make this my Sunday Evening activities.

This helps me to avoid the Sunday Evening Blues.


What do you do to avoid the Sunday Evening Blues?

FMxx

Comments

  1. After thirty eight years in a very demanding career, getting out of bed at 5-30 every work morning, including alternate weekends, I haven't had Sunday Evening Blues since I retired!
    I did, however, have dreadful nightmares about my working life, and my colleagues, virtually every night until about six months ago, when they suddenly stopped!
    Now Sunday evenings are like every other one, happy, contented and relaxed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts