A Rainy Day

I love a rainy day.

I'm not a martyr, don't get me wrong, I don't like being cold and wet, no!

But I do love a drizzly, showery rainy day.

It's the kind of day where I read - I just finished Black Cake - recommended.

It's the kind of day where I plan my diary for the week ahead - done!

When I've done my housework for the day I check my wee plants growing.

I love growing our own veg. When we lived in the big house I had a gorgeous greenhouse that was attached to the sunniest wall in my garden.  Now I grow a few things in our wee conservatory.  Once the last of the cold snaps have gone I'll plant these outdoors.

Here are the latest pictures from my seed planting a few weeks ago.


To the right are French beans, to the left are tomatoes.


Here are my first peppers of this year.


These are sweetcorn plants with their own mini greenhouses made from plastic bottles.

It's good fun, and a lovely little hobby that gives us some food over the summer and into the autumn.
I've already planted out garlic and potatoes, and my broad beans are growing like mad out in the garden.

So you grow your own veg or fruit? 
What works well for you?

FMxx



Comments

Popular Posts