Sneakily saving water..

 Now I'm not talking about doing anything illegal here, but there are shortcuts- shall we say - that can help save the pennies.

One of my favourite shortcuts is not wasting water. 

To get hot water for the dishes in our house, we have to run the tap for about a minute. So we don't waste a drop of that water. We have four large glass jars that we hold under the tap while the water is running cold. These jars then sit on the windowsill, and the water is used for: the water filter jug, for cooking veg, the kettle, the dog's water.

It saves a few pennies and the water is not wasted.

Man Wonderful and I save more money on our water bills by showering at the local Gym four days a week.  We use the facilities and after we shower and I wash my hair- using the water, as well as their electricity using their hairdryer, and their shampoo and body wash. It is real saver!

We go swimming four days a week for our exercise anyway and this is an added bonus!

I also use their water to wash some of our laundry... I take it with me into the shower at the gym, wash and rinse it with my swimming costume and bring it home to hang up and dry.  Sneaky, yes.  Frugal, yes. Illegal, no!


Do you do anything 'sneaky' to be frugal?


FM xx




Comments

Popular Posts