March big shop

 I was super organised with this month's shopping. I booked one supermarket ready for me to collect with the other shop delivering an hour later.

I made my list last week based on what we already had.

I do have a little stockpile in the pantry, and this seems to be building up nicely with essential items - washing up liquid, bleach, squash, soya and oat milks, tinned beans.

This is what I bought for the month (which does not include vegetables and fruit as we get these weekly from the local farm shop):

Shop 1

Yeast extract 250g

Tinned tomatoes x 4 400g tins

Soya milk x 12 litres

Cheddar - 400g - x 3

Frozen sweetcorn 1kg

Dried peas 250g

Lemon juice 500ml

Kidney beans x 2 400g tins

Porridge oats x 2kg

Black olives x 2kg

Red lentils x 1kg

Tomato concentrate 2 x 200g

Poo bags 100

Teabags (special offer) 600 bags

Ibuprofen 16 x 2

Spray olive oil 

Kitchen foil x 2


Shop 2

Salmon fillets 2 x 6 packs

Vegan burgers 2 x 3

Stuffing mix

Peanut butter

Oat milk 1 litre x 12

Frozen peas 1kg

Herbal teabags 

Gravy granules

Vegan roast x 2

Orange squash 750ml x 6


We feed the grandkids a few times a week - snacks, teatime, etc., and cook a roast once a week for all the family. 

In addition to the food above, we buy tonic water and soda water for evening drinks (me and MW) and wine (MW).  

I have outlined a rough idea of our meal plan:

31 days in March

4 Sundays - family roast

5 Thursdays - Man Wonderful's chilli

4 Fridays - Salmon

These days are our 'set' meals.  It's a comfortable habit.

The other meals we have chosen to make this month are:

. Quorn and veg curry

. Wraps with stir fry

. Potato wedges with veg sausages and beans

. All Day Breakfast (the healthy veggie version!)

. Quorn cottage pie

. Lentil stew


I also make veg soups throughout the month that I have in the evening while MW has rye bread and goat's cheese or toast and something.

Organised might seem dull to some people, but it makes me relaxed and happy. 


FM xx


Comments

Popular Posts