Homemade Mulligatawny Soup

My regular readers will know that I love saving pennies and/or not spending unless I have to.

My favourite price is free!

I keep a plastic zip-lock bag in the freezer where I place the ends of veggies (without the hard stalks), potato and sweet potato peelings and chopped leftover veg.

When the bag gets fuller, I put half of the bag in my slow cooker with a stock cube and some water, and after the veg are all soft, this gets blitzed and served as veg soup.

Today we both fancied something spicier, so when the soup had been blitzed I added a teaspoon of minced garlic and a Madras curry sauce from the food cupboard.

A couple of minutes in the microwave per bowlful and hey presto!

A spicy, warm, (almost) free lunch!


In the oven are two more Christmas cakes baking...


And it's date night tonight.

Man Wonderful is cooking salmon fillet with homemade potato wedges, mushrooms stuffed with goats cheese and steamed green veggies.


And I shall sit on my butt and chat to him with some soft music in the background.


Take care,

Tracey xx




Comments

  1. Sounds like a lovely evening planned. Such a great idea for the soup.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts