A Lockdown well-lived..
.. is a Lockdown well-planned.
Do you think this could become a modern day idiom?
I am a true idiom user, I don't mind saying so. I think they are part of our tradition and shouldn't be forgotten nor lost in the newer language added each year, such as covid, freegan or hellacious.
But I digress.
During the first Lockdown, I'm sure many readers - like me - will have planned to do something momentous. Finally we had the time to...
- lose half a stone in weight by exercising everyday with that young fellow on youtube
- read War and Peace
- make new Lounge curtains out of patchwork scraps
- brew own wine/beer
- re-tile the roof with vintage tea-towels, etc
- putting on a stone in weight because the only exercise we had was walking from the sofa to the fridge and back again (and reaching up high for a new packet of biscuits didn't count as 'lunges')
- reading healthy recipes while eating bowls of homemade chips
- making a mess of bits of thread/empty crisp packets/crumbs in a semi-circle around where we sit on the sofa
- brew own wind.. *parp*
- re-tiled hair into a bird's nest due to no hairdresser being open and using elastic bands rather than hair bobbles