One day more..

As I type this morning I can hear the words of the stirring ballad from Les Miserables in my mind.

'One more day...one more dawn....one more day....one day more.'

Tomorrow I will be waking up on my daughters wedding day.
It's a day I've been thinking of, hoping for her, getting excited about; and worrying about, too.

Your baby will always be your baby, even when they have babies of their own.


As with many times in life, songs seem to have been written just for this very occasion.
The one below always brings a tear to the eye.



Schoolbag in hand, she leaves home in the early morning 
Waving goodbye with an absent-minded smile 
I watch her go with a surge of that well known sadness 
And I have to sit down for a while 
The feeling that I'm losing her forever 
And without really entering her world 
I'm glad whenever I can share her laughter 
That funny little girl 

Slipping through my fingers all the time 
I try to capture every minute 
The feeling in it 
Slipping through my fingers all the time 
Do I really see what's in her mind 
Each time I think I'm close to knowing 
She keeps on growing 
Slipping through my fingers all the time 

Sleep in our eyes, her and me at the breakfast table 
Barely awake I let precious time go by 
Then when she's gone, there's that odd melancholy feeling 
And a sense of guilt I can't deny 
What happened to the wonderful adventures 
The places I had planned for us to go 
Well, some of that we did, but most we didn't 
And why, I just don't know 

Slipping through my fingers all the time 
I try to capture every minute 
The feeling in it 
Slipping through my fingers all the time 
Do I really see what's in her mind 
Each time I think I'm close to knowing 
She keeps on growing 
Slipping through my fingers all the time 

Sometimes I wish that I could freeze the picture 
And save it from the funny tricks of time 

Slipping through my fingers all the time 

Schoolbag in hand, she leaves home in the early morning ...

ABBA. 


Comments

  1. Hope you all have a lovely day with lots of wonderful moments that you will remember and treasure forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the mum of a nearly nineteen year old, I have an inkling of how you are feeling. Hope you all have a wonderful day. This was another lovely post, Tracey; it's great to see you back xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't recognise this song so thanks to YouTube I was able to see Abba perform this very touching song:) I truly hope you all have a wonderful day, many Congratulations to the Bride and Groom, may their life together be filled with happiness, love and lots of laughter always♥♥ Linda xx PS There will be tears but these will be tears of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That song always brings a tear to my eye as well. Hope you all have a lovely day. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts