Four more sleeps

Our daughter gets married on Friday.
It doesn't seem like yesterday that she had front teeth missing; that she was racing around a campsite on her bike; that she was begging for us to have a dog; that she was sat concentrating at the piano, doing her daily practice; that she was pushing her hair our of her eyes while trying to fix together a jigsaw; that she was a tiny baby in my arms for the first time.
Tonight as I've come to bed to recoup my energy for work tomorrow, she is putting together activity bags for the little children attending the reception after her blessing ceremony on Saturday.

Not one day has gone by that I wasn't proud of my darling girl.

And on Friday and Saturday I will be the proudest mum to call her my daughter.

Comments

  1. Congratulations in advance to your daughter and son-in-law to be. An old lady once said to me when Amy was in her pram to enjoy them while you can, they grow so quickly. It didn't feel that way at the time, but looking back, boy was she right. Time has flown by. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy Friday... relish every moment as I am sure you will! Such a special day for you all.. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts