Why get up early?

Well, Spring has definitely sprung down here at the wee house.
I like it when the clocks go forward and it's lighter in the evenings.  
There's nothing lovelier than the birdsong all around just as the sun rises.  I love to stand looking out of the window with a cuppa in my hands as the day begins.

Don't get me wrong - I do love an evening snuggle; watching a film with my toes tucked under Man Wonderful's leg, knitting while the TV takes us into a different world for a while.  

But getting up and starting the day early is wonderful.  You can fit in so many more things with even an extra hour in the morning.  I find it the best time to fit in exercise.  Today we were up early, dressed quickly and into the car, and arrived at the gym/swimming pool before it got busy.  
It was bliss to swim in the empty pool: just us two.
Then home for breakfast before I went to play the piano at the local care home.

I like to sit and read in the early morning light.  Apart from the many birds it is so quiet before the day starts.

FMxx

Comments

  1. When the clocks go forward, the mornings are darker, not lighter, the evenings are lighter! However, the mornings are lovely and light anyway at this time of year.
    There are days when a long sleep in is needed.
    However, like you, I like to get up early and get things done.
    My washing was done last night and was all out on the line at 6-30 this morning. Our garden's not overlooked, so I pop out there in my nightie, with a Ken Dodd hairdo, and if anyone is peeping over the fence, they get what they deserve for being nosey!!!
    The back of the bungalow faces south, so we get the sun on the back garden all day, I have a lovely corner, 7ft fence at my back and a brick wall on my left, never breezy unless there's a gale! It's a perfect place to sit with a coffee, waiting for the world to wake up. It was a bit chilly this morning, so my Oodie was in use. I pop a cushion on the seat too, a metal bench can be a bit much first thing!
    We were out shopping at eight this morning, and were the first folk in our local farm shop as it opened, so the fruit and veg is bought for most of the next week or so.
    A quick drop in at the butchers, fishmongers and bakery, and then home again lickety-split!
    The bakers isn't a regular thing, but they do amazing Eccles Cakes, so we have one each for this afternoon, and another two for sometime tomorrow!
    We saw our family yesterday for Easter, they're going to Daughter in law's parents tomorrow, so we'll be having a very quiet day. Well, it'll be quiet once our grandson has been here to do his Easter Egg hunt, that will all be over by 9-30!
    Hoping you both have a lovely Easter, with lots of family time!




    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts