A Plague of Locusts

 So, OK.

We are currently on our way to a Rugby match; with a jar containing two stick insects.

Unusual circumstances, yes?

We were about to leave the wee house, and at the front door - as Man Wonderful made to open the door - we saw an insect about a 3cm long.

I was about to waft it out of the door when I saw it didn't have wings, and was stood on bent legs rocking forward and backwards.

Granddaughter thought it might have been a skinny spider or crane fly (daddy-long-legs): but no, it was a stick-insect.

'Where the bleeping heck* did that come from?' I was heard to mutter.

After all, I thought stick insects came from pet shops in the 1970s. How on earth had it got to my house?

Then, I contacted daughter to bring up her insect hotel (a portable fine-net case that helps kids study small doo-dahs - that enables the small doo-dahs to live nicely).

I turned back to make sure I'd locked the front door and there was another one!!!


So we eventually arrived at the Rugby ground to watch the match, having given daughter two young stick insects.


Where had they come from??


Any ideas?


FMxx


Comments

  1. After much thinking, I still have absolutely no ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts