Easy, Cheap Pizza

 It's daughter's wedding anniversary today. We had the grandkids overnight on Saturday so the big kids could go out, and I made a really easy, cheap pizza for dinner.

Now I know that people make pizza toppings on ready-made bases, and on differing bready items: but I like pizza on a fresh pizza base. I'm sorry, but there it is.

So I was really happy when I found that Weight Watchers had a recipe for a base using just two ingredients: plain flour and Greek yogurt.

You use equal weights of each, and there's no waiting time.

This is what I have been doing:

Take 180g of plain flour, and mix in 180g of Greek yogurt.

Put the oven on to heat up to 180°c.

Use your hand to mix ingredients into a ball of dough, then sprinkle flour onto worktop and roll out dough into a thin base.

Put plain base into hot oven for 10 mins. It works best on baking paper on top of a tray.

After 10 mins Put on pizza toppings and cook for another 10 to 15 mins.


It is a good pizza base.

We used both white plain flour and wholemeal plain flour - both bases came out well.


FMxx

Comments

Popular Posts