Book Review

 We went to visit stepson and family last weekend. It takes about 6 hours to get to their house from here, so we decided to leave early - and we got to their place for coffee time.

Man Wonderful drove and I slept most of the journey.

We stopped off at Taunton Sainsburys to walk dog and top up fuel, and stopped again at Gloucester services. Here was for another dog walk and a coffee for Man Wonderful.  I don't know if you've been to Gloucester services, but it is well worth a stop-off. It's very clean, far more home-made and green, and the prices are surprisingly low for a motorway services.

One thing we usually do when we are with  Stepson's family is wander into the local town. I love to go to Waterstones when we are there, and I had planned my spending money for this trip on books.

I bought myself three new books: 

The House of Whispers by Anna Mazzola

It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover

and

A Little Life by Hanya Yangihara


I read The House of Whispers on our journey home. A very good suspense novel, set in Italy as the second world war began. 

It Ends With Us was recommended by a family member so I bought it - but having re-read the precis I think it's going into my 'to-do' reading pile.

And - A Little Life, which I've now begun.  At 700-odd pages and a small typeface there's a lot of story packed in there! I'll let you know what I think in a ((few)) days time.


What are you reading, and would you recommend it? 


FMxx

Comments

Popular Posts