Take A Break

 I'm sat in a really large room with wooden tables and nicely padded chairs. There's a huge wooden bar, with sparkly lights along a high shelf. There's some nice, framed artwork.

Music is playing in the background.  

I've had lunch, a couple of diet cokes and am reading my current reading book. I've got my feet up on the chair opposite me.


Yes, we are taking a week break from home. 


It's not a holiday though - well it is for me - because Man Wonderful is working for an exam board.  He is visiting some schools this week to help them get their exam paperwork completed. The exam board pay for our car fuel, for our accommodation, and for our food.

We have done this work before, and usually when he is out during the day I knit and read.

Sadly the yarn I brought with me (a cloth bagful gifted from my sister that someone gave her, and they'd had for many years) has just fallen to pieces when I've tried to use it....

So for the first time in absolutely ages I've got no knitting to do!!!

I have the Internet and my current reading books, and it's such a peaceful place to be.


Dog number one is staying with friends who run a doggy hotel, and my chum is watering my plants that are not yet ready to plant out.


This will be our last trip away for a while as just the two of us.  Dog number two is almost 6 weeks old and is getting ready to move in with us.


I'm taking time to make lists:-

What household things do I want to do.

What do we need to get ready for Dog number 2.

Meal planning and shopping list planning.

What clothing needs repairing/replacing.

Diary updates.


It is really lovely to just take a short break.

We are able to do this as it just costs us the price of my evening meal.


I wonder if I've been staying near where you live?


FM xx

 


Comments

Popular Posts