Tears

I cried today.

I was playing the piano at my daughter's house, and she was singing.
We often do this while the grandchildren eat their evening meal.
The music today was modern; chart songs I think from the last decade.

One song was absolutely beautiful.
I'd never heard it before - and I couldn't tell you now the name of it - but the lyrics, coupled with the harmonies suddenly hit me.

Before I knew it the tears were running down my face, and I was absolutely beside myself with emotion.  I was almost gasping for my breath.

Sometimes we need a 'good' cry.
I guess today was my turn.

FMxx





Comments

  1. I'm often affected by music, and there are some songs that I never want to hear unless I'm completely alone, as the emotional connection is stronger than I want to deal with. Songs which my parents loved, or music we had played at their funerals.
    I once burst into floods of tears at a steam rally, of all places. There was a steam powered musical organ, and as I turned to walk away from it, the tune to 'Crystal Chandeliers' started blasting out. That was my Dad's favourite song, and it just felt as though he was saying 'hello', it was a very emotional moment!
    Other pieces of music reduce me to tears for various reasons, the first piece of music my husband and I listened to as a couple, or songs I used to sing to my son when he was a babe in arms.
    I'm not a fan of Adele in any way, and find lots of her catalogue depressing, but when she sings 'Make You Feel My Love', the tears just flood out, happy tears I think, but lots of them!
    I pity people who are not emotionally affected by music, they miss out on a lot of life's experiences!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts