Recycling some drawers..

 I've probably told you before that I'm pretty short. I'm exactly 5 feet tall. (Man Wonderful is 6ft - it's a great height difference!)

Anyway.

Apart from not being able to reach the top shelves in my kitchen cupboards (without my hand 'caravan step'), the only real rubbish thing about being a shorty is sitting on the sofa.

(We don't have deep seat cushions, or tall sofas: they are regular sized.)

The back of my knees don't reach the edges of the sofa cushions, so my legs can get quite uncomfortable sitting here.

I often hook my legs beside me - fine in trousers, and at home - not great in a dress or at someone elses' house..

Anyway.

Today Man Wonderful did a pretty wonderful thing.

He took two drawers from his shed - they were salvaged from the old desk we had that quite literally fell to pieces. He's turned them in towards each other, added a hinge and made a footstool/storage box.

So I'm sat, blogging with my legs out in front of me on a beautiful, recycled, wood footstool.

Mmm. Bliss!

All I need now is a cuppa!

FMxx

Comments

  1. HAPPY EASTER!
    Your footstool sounds great, just what a shorty needs!
    You and I have opposing problems, you're 5 feet tall, and I'm 5 feet 10.5 inches!
    Husband is 6 feet 2.5 inches, and our son (albeit married and in his own house) is just the tiniest touch less than 6 feet 5 inches! Our poor daughter in law is 5 feet 4 inches, so is a midget in our family! Our grandson is the youngest child in his year (end of August birthday), but the tallest!
    We're all long legged, and long armed too! Trousers and long sleeved clothes can be a problem, but we know which shops do silly tall sizes now, so we've got it sussed!
    When we buy furniture, we have to make sure that the seats are long enough, front to back, for our stupidly long thighs, and the seats are high enough to avoid sitting with our knees up near our ears! X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts