Other People's Mess

 When we have friends coming over, I clean like mad.  Man Wonderful laughs because I have my daily cleaning schedule, so the house is clean.

But I don't like to have mess, and I see our 'things' as untidy.

For example, today I cleaned through upstairs - dusting, hoovering, and thoroughly cleaning the bathroom. I like to make sure the glass shower screen is clear, and I use "Pink Stuff" to clear any cloudy water deposits.  The downstairs is clean from yesterday's cleaning.

Now, we don't have folks coming over, just us, so it's clean.

However, our table is messy. Not dirty, just messy.

There's MW's laptop, his diary, his document folder: on the side where he sits. Our placemats and coasters are in the centre of the table, with salt and pepper pots on the top.

But.

My end has my laptop, studying paperwork, a pack of plain greetings cards and envelopes from yesterday's painting with granddaughter, napkins waiting to be ironed, an empty box of dusters to remind me to add a new box to my shopping list, and a set of curtains.

The curtains are waiting for me to cut them into pieces to reupholster our chairs.


There's no rubbish or dirt, but even so I feel the table is making the room untidy.


And now I've listed the problems I'm going to tidy my things away and start cutting the curtain fabric!


Phew!

FMxx


Comments

Popular Posts