Peaches in a Curry? Something well-worth trying!

Don't get me wrong - I think Jack Monroe's recipes are brilliant, and I own one of her cookbooks as well as following her online and watching her on the TV when she's there.

But I was totally skeptical about putting tinned peaches into a curry.

However, when I saw a tin of peaches for 33p at Mr.Tesco's I thought 'I'm going to try that!'



Growing up, tinned peaches were a rare treat, served with evaporated milk.  
It's not something I buy - or even think about these days.

So it was over to Ms Monroe's recipe and I adapted it only slightly by putting the ingredients into the slow cooker yesterday for 6 hours.

The result?

A curry we will be having again - that's for sure!!

Here is Jack's recipe:

Peach and Chickpea Curry

Tracey xx

Comments

  1. Our climate is terrible and seasonal fruit can get really expensive. So there is always tins of peaches, pears, mandarins in my pantry. Use them to top cottage cheese, yogurt, ice cream.

    Last time I bought two peaches it was well over one of your pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made this and thought the same as you but it is really delicious. Quite a surprise!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a strange thing to put in a curry. I'd give it a go but I think Jon would have an absolute fit! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like her first book immensely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts