My Valentine's Day

We don't actively celebrate the feast of  St.Valentine - nor any other saints' day. I'm very lucky that Man Wonderful isn't just wonderful on one day a year!!

So. Today.

I was woken at 4.30 by a peeping sound. Not too loud, but clearly audible. I couldn't work out where it was coming from.

I laid in bed and counted the seconds between each peep. 45. Every 45 seconds this thing - whatever it was - peeped.

I got up as I was not going to get back to sleep, and went downstairs for a cuppa, wrapped myself in a patchwork quilt and turned on the telly.

I watched The Office (the American version) until Man Wonderful woke at 6, and accepted another cuppa from him before he went to shower. 

We had breakfast together at 6.30 (porridge with oat milk) before heading off to daughter's house. She went off to work at 7.30, and we got grandkids breakfasted and off to school.

When we got home, I went for a nap on the sofa - being woken for lunch by MW. Lunch today was Linda McCartney sausages, jacket spud and oodles of steamed veg.

Dog was walked before grandkids were collected from school. They have their evening meal here on a Monday as daughter has a weekly staff meeting after school.

Granddaughter had a piano lesson from me before they went home.

Our supper tonight was fruit (me) and goats' cheese on rye (him).

We settled down to read for the evening but I could hear the bl**dy peeping sound again. Every 45 seconds. Peep.

Listening and investigating led us up into the attic where a Carbon Monoxide monitor appeared to be low on battery and letting us know. Every 45 seconds. Peep.

Ah well, that's a job for tomorrow. Peep..

Comments

Popular Posts