Curry Delight

 We had a wonderful homemade curry yesterday, using the simplest of ingredients.  I have told Man Wonderful that if I never have a different recipe curry as long as I live, I will be happy - so I thought it best to share the recipe with you!!

Curry Delight

2 chopped onions

1tsp Mild curry powder

Ginger - 1" grated (I keep mine in the freezer)

600g cubed potatoes - I cut these into about 2" cubes

2 tbsp tomato puree

1litre veg stock

300g red split lentils

2tsp lemon juice

1/2 tsp chilli powder

Oil or spray oil 

1. Cook onions until soft, then add the powdered spices and ginger, the tomato puree and the potatoes. Stir through to coat everything.

2. Add veg stock and lentils, then simmer for 20 mins or until lentils are cooked and potatoes are tender.

3. Add the lemon juice and leave to stand for a few minutes.


If you do cook this, let me know what you think!


FMxx

Comments

Popular Posts