Well worth the preparation..!



We had some chums over for dinner on Friday evening.

Before the pandemic that sentence would have been an 'oh yeah, so what?'

Nowadays it is an event.

We kept our distance - no hugs only 'air' hugs, the place was spotless and anti-bacced to within an inch of it's life, and there were four separates of everything with space in between.  

Luckily it was us and another couple who don't go out or see other people - it was as safe as we could make it.   

I also made it a Japanese style evening, so shoes were off at the door and it was a gentle evening.

For dinner I had the task of making a Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Meat Free meal.

I decided that pudding and starter would be simple and from a packet, and that I would make a huge dish of stir-fried prawns.  I used a recipe I'd not used before and O.M.G...it was SO DELICIOUS that Man Wonderful asked me to make it again for just the two of us on Saturday evening!

The recipe came from The Domestic Man's blog - click here  and I made just a few changes.

Don't be put off by the amount of preparation needed - like making the house Covid-free, it was totally worth the prep..

The changes I made to the recipe:  

1) I didn't add fish sauce, I used Miso paste

2) I used tomato puree for the tomato paste

3) Instead of tabasco I used sweet chilli flakes as that was what I already had

4) Instead of tamari I used a tsp of Marmite

5) I didn't garnish mine with herbs.


Try it and let me know what you think!


Tracey xx

Comments

  1. So nice to share good food with friends. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts