An Easy Supper dish - Spicy Ratatouille
My Spicy Ratatouille dish
You will need: a selection of sliceable, cookable veg.
1/2 aubergine, thinly sliced
3 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
3 large mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 courgette, thinly sliced
1/2 pepper, chopped small
1 onion, chopped small
1 tsp garlic puree
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp sweet chilli powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp coriander
1 tin tomato passata
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 tbsp oil
1. Heat oil and soften the chopped onion. Add the garlic, the herbs and spices and the salt. Add the passata and the tomato puree, stir and heat to a gentle simmer.
2. Arrange the sliced veg in a casserole dish in alternating slices, leaving a space in the middle. I do this with the larger slices with smaller pieces 'poked in between'.
3. Pop the chopped pepper and any other bits of tiny veg chopped in the middle bit.
4. Pour over your spicy tomato sauce.
5. Put on a lid, or some baking foil.
5. Cook at 180 C for 20-30 mins until a knife pushed in feels soft, cooked veg.
(N.B. Mine is prepped in advance - usually I make two and one goes in the freezer to be cooked another day - and then baked when we want to eat. Today there is one sat in the oven but the oven won't go on until later.)
7. Come back here and leave me a comment!