Organising your home during lockdown

We've all been at it, I'm sure.
Talking about which piece of furniture would go better where; which wall we could just paint that colour; why-on-earth we've still got that hideous painting of otters that we were given years ago that just doesn't go with the ambience we are trying to create...
Stop.
Just for a moment or two.
Yes, you have some time at home.
Yes, you can achieve some re-organising.
But you can't repaint the whole house and move every room around. That's unreasonable.
And whilst you can have it looking like the front cover of a magazine, it can't and won't stay that way.  
Why?
Because if you think about it, that is a posed picture. For the front page of a magazine.
And you are a real person, who might live with other real people, in the real world.
In the real world we kick off our shoes, fall into a sofa, leave an empty coffee cup where we shouldn't, the newspaper out of the magazine pile (or wherever newspapers are meant to go to be tidy in your house).
Because unless you are having your house photographed for a magazine, good enough is, well, good enough.
So don't beat yourself up.
Or anyone else for that matter.
Do a little bit here and there, and above all stop and enjoy what surrounds you.
It's your home.

Tracey xx


Comments

  1. Yes! I agree, my house isn't a hotel, it's my home. In fact since we've been at home I've really been noticing what I like about the place, all the little bits and bobs I love, even things like mugs and plant pots. Yes, the place could do with a lick of paint and the kitchen is still rickety but that doesn't bother me at all just now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts