Celebrating on a tight budget

So today is mine and Man Wonderful's Wedding Anniversary.
We have been married for a few years now, and just love doing something a wee bit special to celebrate - as most of us do!
But what can you do when you are on a tight budget, or under a lockdown (or summit like that)!

Well, I thought I'd tell you what we have done for the last couple of days. 
We've spent just under a fiver on different food and drinks and precisely zero on two gifts.

Let me explain further...

We decided that on Friday evening we would have curry from the freezer* with rice. 
I thought I'd zhuzh it up by making some onion bhajis.
Out came the plain flour and spices, and I set about slicing a couple of red onions that needed using next.  I made my batter, stirred in the onions and fried the bhajis. However they were so blinking delicious, and I'd made slightly too many for the two of us for a starter...so we decided to just eat them for dinner!
So around rolls yesterday evening and we were going to eat the pre-frozen and now well-defrosted veg curry when I thought I'd make a nice dal and flatbreads to zhuzh it up..but I learned from Friday so made a half portion!
So..a lovely homemade takeaway for literally pennies.
Roll on today.
Man Wonderful decided we'd have a spoilt day and this began by having scrambled eggs for breakfast.
He'd bought me a magnetic notice board from the profit we made getting rid of some excess items on eBay this week - so no money spent there!
I'm making him a decoupage picture - using scraps of fabric -  of his favourite childhood holiday place - and where we spent our honeymoon.  

Lunch today was salad sat in the garden - the weather here is just beautiful - and dinner this evening will be at GD's new house where her hubby is cooking us a veggie BBQ.


The costs?
Eggs - 6 free-range £1.20
Lager for MW - £1.50
Diet cola for me (a rare treat!) - £1.95
Total - £4.65


What do you do to celebrate when you are on a budget?

Tracey xx

*When I cook a meal that is great for freezing, I always cook enough for another meal - this is fab for the end of a busy week, or when you have one of those 'bu&&er it' days.

Comments

  1. Happy anniversary to you both. It is very satisfying to do things frugally, we have also celebrated our anniversary during lockdown and just enjoyed spending the day together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary you beautiful people you xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts