Essays?



So, I've got an essay due in next week.
'What?' I hear you cry!
Well, yes..I've sort of got myself a wee little hobby.

I'm studying for another degree.

Hmm.  OK, tell us more...

Well, back when I went to University in the 80's, the education bit was free.  My parents helped me immensely by paying for my accommodation and I worked weekends to pay for food, fun and travelling to and from uni.
Then I did my Post-Grad bit again free, and I worked myself to pay the rent and food bundle.

Nowadays students have to pay for the whole lot - education, rent, food, anything else they need..and as we know it's blinking expensive.  
There are loans that have to be paid back for the education part once your earnings get to £25k.

Now then, since the assault that left me disabled and unable to work as a teacher, my brain has been getting a bit rusty.
So I've taken out a loan to study again, and I'm studying with the Open University.

A BSc.

And I'm loving it.

And if you'll just excuse me - I've got an essay due in next week!










Comments

  1. I didn't know about the assault. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, well done.
    I'm doing some Open Learn courses but I have done OU in the past. It's very good.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOO what is the title of your essay?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done. I went to uni to do a BA age 57 and it was the best three years ever! I enjoyed every second and I'd go back in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts