No, you're wrong..

There is a little disharmony in our corner of the world, a little disagreement going on; and it is all to do with the way I'm recovering from the hand operation.
Quite simply, I think I can do things so I try to and it hurts: and Man Wonderful would be happy if I'd just sit in the corner of the sofa under a patchwork quilt, and let him do everything.
While I am happy to to have endless cups of tea and decaf coffee handed to me, to be reminded about medication (he has set a reminder on his phone, bless him) and to doze off every now and then - there are things I want to do, that I can do!

I can get dressed - 95%
I can entertain the grandchildren - 100%, but for a short space of time (them, not me!)
I can meal/shopping/holiday/travel forward plan.

I accept that I can't do handicrafts to any satisfactory level for a few days yet, but I have been planning my next English pieced patchwork..

And I am trying very hard not to nag, or remind, as I know I'm being very, very well looked after.


There is a balance to be reached, but we are not there yet.


Comments

  1. It can be difficult, but you'll get there if for no other reason than you've got to get well enough for a second surgery. I'm glad you're being well looked after.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad things are getting better. I'm sure the rest will fall into place. :-)
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am an impatient patient as well, I think most of us are. It is so frustrating not to be able to do what you want when you want to.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts