Goodnight Sweetheart

This morning a chum phoned to tell me of the sad passing of a very dear elderly gentleman I'd had the great pleasure to get to know over the last few months. 

His cancer - once bravely fought and won - had returned to spinal column and brain, and caused many complicated symptoms. He knew he had just days left to live.

My friend was blessed to be one of his carers.

Always very keen to know the names and interests of those looking after him, and polite to the very core, the last words this darling chap said to her were:

"Goodnight, Sweetheart."


Comments

  1. I'm sorry for your loss. This is a nice tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss, and to your friend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts