Our last supper

Our supper last night, I should say!

One of my 'use it up' or 'what's in the fridge' dinners that turned out rather delicious.
It has no name yet, but will need one as it's definitely to be repeated.

I put a tbsp of veg oil in the wok* and sautéed a finely chopped onion and chopped 2 cloves of garlic.
To this I added: 2 tsp ground ginger, 1 tsp harissa, 1/2 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp cumin and 1 tsp Garam masala.

Then a tin of tomatoes (that I chop myself as it's cheaper), a crumbled veg oxo cube and a mug of water from the kettle.
Then I grated in a carrot and a stick of celery( - no really, I grated a stick of celery. And kept all my fingernails).
And finally added a punnet of mushrooms that I thinly sliced.

This made a softly thick sweet-smelling curry.

Ingredients written out in a more user-friendly way:

1 onion
2 cloves garlic
1 carrot
1 stick celery
1 tin tomatoes
1 250g punnet mushrooms
spices: ginger, harissa, chilli, cumin, garam masala

A pretty cheap meal all round.


*I cook most things in the wok, on an induction ring, and use a pizza baking tray as a lid.
I'm very short and can see over and into this perfectly. Works for me!*


Tonight's meal is homemade veggy sausages/patties and baked beans, with sautéed onions and mushrooms. Yum!

Comments

  1. I'm totally with you on the things that taste the best are often the result of a fridge forage!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts