My Capsule Wardrobe

 We live a simple life in our small house.  Recently I sorted through my clothes and gave a donation to the charity shop.  I was feeling a bit fed-up with the clothes I owned.  I talked through this fed-up-ness with Man Wonderful and he said, "Why not buy some NEW bits and bobs?"

Now I don't remember the last time I bought new clothing - except for underwear, which I always buy new.  So I had a little think, and thought about the clothing I wanted - note: not a need, a want - and I decided to make a wee list.

What would be the reason for the new clothes, I asked myself.  Which activities would I need different clothes for?

Through the week I'm mostly a dress or jeans and t-shirt person, and the one time I find it difficult to decide what to wear is when I want to look a little smarter.  What I don't want to do is get loads of items that I just won't wear.

I read some blogposts online, looked at a couple of pages on Pinterest, and decided that I could probably do with what is called "A Capsule Wardrobe".  This is where just a few simple items of clothing can mix and make several different outfits.  I liked this idea.

So I wrote a list:

Smart black trousers

Smart jacket/blazer

Large white shirt

New t-shirts in black and grey


I have lots of bits and bobs that will easily mix with these to create more outfits:

a couple of dresses

black jeans; blue jeans

coloured t-shirts

coloured jumper


Despite all my planning, I haven't yet bought all the items I wanted to get.  I have a smart jacket (Vinted), a smart white shirt (New - Sainsbury's) new t-shirts (New - Sainsbury's). I haven't decided on smart trousers yet, but I am looking.  


What do you think?

FMxx

Comments

  1. ive never been on trend since the early eighties , and now i just do my own thing my one staple is DMs i have intolerant feet and they are all i can walk in...lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts