5.33am

 I never used to be a 'morning' person.  As a kid, I had to be called two or three times, with increasing frustration on the part of the caller: 'Tracey, its time to get UP!!'

I was never bothered that I would have to hurry down the street towards school, with a triangle of toast in my mouth while I was simultaneously tying my school tie and checking in my bag for last night's homework!

Things didn't change during my undergraduate years. For the three years I stayed in halls with breakfast provided, I never made it to breakfast.

As a new mum, aged 24, I revelled in the peace of being awake when others slept. I could get my laundry out on the line, could sweep and polish the house, peel veg and start the slow cooker for that evening's meal.  My workday was ready for me to step into the classroom. I always had my packed lunch, cleaned shoes, ironed blouse, marked schoolbooks.  I swear that somedays I felt lije Mary Poppins..

After the assault I discovered the other side of being awake at night -  insomnia. Fear, anxiety, depression keeping me from resting until the daylight, when Man Wonderful would be watching over me so I could properly rest.

And now. 

I love this time of year, after the clocks go forward. 'Spring into Spring'.

I like to have the house clean and ready for the day: dishes washed, dried and put away, laundry ready to hang out, floors swept, mopped and dry.  

Meals for the day prepped. Shopping lists and reminders written, online orders or reviews completed.

And my lovely Blog.

I'm sat here at 5.33 with a cup of tea, my mobile phone and my reading book; watching the sky get lighter and bluer.


FMxx



Comments

Popular Posts