In my Freezer

 


So this is the freezer compartment of my fridge-freezer.  
We bought the fridge-freezer when we moved here (November 2021) as there was space for one in the tiny kitchen: previously we had bought a separate fridge and freezer from Facebook selling page (£30).

I'll start in the bottom.


This is where I keep the Quorn items - I buy Q mince, pieces and sausages.  
We also keep the cool blocks - for taking a lunch out, or for wrapping in a tea-towel to help a burn or injury.  

In the middle I keep ready-made meals - leftovers - also frozen peas (as they don't fit anywhere else).
We don't buy ready-made meal, they are simply leftovers from our cooking.
It's really useful if we get an emergency and need a meal in a jiffy.


I have a pack of ready-to-use puff pastry from daughter, from before Christmas.  I don't really stress about use-by dates in the freezer.  Should I?

In the top I have:


I keep fresh ginger frozen, and use if from frozen.


This is left-over homemade Jungle Curry paste, ready to use.


I also keep fresh chillis and use them from frozen.





I put veg in these freezer bags when I'm preparing meals, and freeze them - this is what goes in my slow cooker for soup or stew.  I use clean peelings and choppings.

I have two salmon fillets for aa meal tomorrow, and a fruit ice lolly from last summer!!

And that's that.

What do you have in your freezer?

Thanks for reading.

FMxx




  






Comments

  1. We have a fridge freezer in the kitchen and a large chest freezer in the garage, my mum had that set up, and it just seems normal to me.
    We are omnivores, so buy meat and fish from Costco, portion it all up and freeze it. It saves us a lot of cash doing it that way.
    Like you, I keep fresh root ginger frozen and grate it for use, and you and I have the same plastic bags from Ikea.
    When our son left home, I still made meals of the same amount, but instead of it serving three, one of which was an enormous, strapping rugby playing hunk, was only divided between husband and myself. Therefore we both started gaining weight, so now I divide stews, casseroles etc into two, and freeze one lot as 'ready meals', for evenings after really busy days.
    I save ends and clean peelings from veg, grated up ends of cheese, and any bread going stale is grated and frozen for toppings or making stuffing.
    Whenever we see 'yellow sticker' foods that we would like, as long as they will freeze well, they're bought and popped in the garage freezer.
    I make ice lollies during the summer months, using any soft fruit that may have gone a bit too soft, Lékué make great molds for ice lollies.
    I also make ice cream the old fashioned way, beat it to death, freeze it for a while, beat it to death again, and so on, it never has ice crystals in it doing it that way, and it's great for dealing with bingo wings too!
    We will both eat far too much bread given the chance, so now when we buy bread, we divide it into portions of four slices and freeze it, it lasts us a lot longer that way, especially as we put it in the garage freezer, necessitating a long walk to get it!
    I still have half a drawer of home grown blueberries, from last year, as we had a bumper crop. I pop them in baked oats for breakfast, or make muffins for our Grandson when he stays over.
    My problem is untidiness, so I'm trying to make myself keep the freezers tidy, so that I can see what's actually in them! You're a far tidier person than me!


    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts