A very sad post

 We were given a lovely, fluffy, cuddly puppy last May. 

I called him Ronnie Barker. 


Regular readers will know we adore dogs, and already have a rescue Border Terrier called Millie.

These two got on like a house on fire. She taught him house training and most of his behaviour. It's true what folk say, that the older dog teaches the younger dog.

Ronnie was a complete bundle of joy - he loved cuddling up and sitting on your lap - even when he was almost fully grown, which meant you could no longer see the telly!

Ronnie was my shadow.  
Wherever I went, he went.

The only time I was not near him was when he became ill two weeks ago and had to be admitted to the vet hospital.

They carried out surgery, scans, x-rays, blood tests: but were not able to find out why he was so ill and not eating.  He came home, then went back into the hospital.  A week after he had gone into the vet hospital he had to be put to sleep.  We were with him, and as he was given the drug I told him what a good boy he was.  He knew we were there holding him.


He was 10 months and 6 days old, and was my darling little boy.
Such a happy soul.
He walked off his lead from 3 months old, loved running and chasing his ball and bringing it back for another go; and was fascinated by birds.

RIP my boy.  You were such a good boy Ronnie Barker.






Comments

  1. Im so very sorry xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to ear your sad news. R.I.P Ronnie Barker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so, so sorry Ronnie is no longer with you. It's bad enough to lose an older dog (as I did this week) but it's beyond heartbreaking when they're so young. From everything you've written about him I know he had a really wonderful life with you, and you'll always be able to remember how happy he was and how much happiness he brought into your lives. It's not enough but it is enough to celebrate when you're through the worst of the grief.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts