Being OK

 


My regular readers will know I've had a really rotten few weeks for the start of 2023.

Today I woke up with a much brighter state of mind.  Man Wonderful hugged me and said 'thank you'.  I replied, 'what for?'   He said, 'for dealing with the difficult things so well recently'.  
He's a really lovely bloke.
If I could clone him and hire out the clones I could make millions!

Anyway.

I have a photo of the Artful Dodger at the top of this blog post.
It's because despite the very hard life these folk had in Oliver Twist, they were ok.
And OK is a good way to be, isn't it?

I think we shouldn't strive to be millionaires, or to work 12 hours a day for the money and not see your family, or 'need' to buy brand new things all the time.

It's ok to eat less, to have a TV that doesn't have 500 channels, to have a mobile phone that doesn't fold in half, to have enough.  

Enough food, enough love, enough to do.  
Enough clothes, enough shelter, enough money.

OK and enough are manageable, and less stress.  Shareable with the other OK people around us.

It's OK to read second hand books, pass them on to someone else to read, buy others for pennies or borrow some from the library.
It's OK to spend an afternoon sorting out a cupboard.  
It's enough to have a smaller plate of food, a walk around the block.

It's OK to sort out the loft and sell the unwanted items for a few pounds.

It's OK to wear last years' boots or shoes, to have a coat that lasts you more than a decade.


The song the picture above comes from is 'Consider Yourself'.
Consider yourself OK having enough.

Take care,

FM xx


Comments

  1. I am a regular reader of your lovely blog. And like you, I haven't had the best start to this year either, health wise. Thank you for the lovely sentiments in this posting. It's helped me to remember that I too have enough. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts