It's all in the state of mind..

I'm sure UK readers won't want me to tell them that it's chilly outside right now, and if you live in a part of the world where it gets cold, you get it too.

But we are currently in Lockdown, so it's definitely warmer indoors.

Lots of us are managing on a smaller income and it can become trying at times.

But we can enjoy treats from childhood such as pancakes made with an easy batter, a squeeze of lemon and a teaspoon of sugar.

Before the pandemic we all had lists of things we 'had to get around to', as we just didn't have time.

Currently most of us have the time to tackle these things and get them off the 'nagging feeling' list.

It can seem like ages since we have seen relatives/friends/acquaintances, and Zoom/facetime just isn't the same.

But what does it feel like when we get a handwritten letter through the post?  It's lovely that someone has thought of us, even for a natter.  So pick up a pen and paper and write a letter.  It's not expensive, even on a small budget. (Currently 66p for a 2nd Class letter.)

Many people wish they could Knit/Sew/play the keyboard. **

Take this pandemic as a gift and use a medium like YouTube to find out how to.  Remember you can't fail at something as long as you are trying!

Lots of folk wish they could make Christmas cheaper.

It's February 8th.  Make a list of things you could make or buy bit by bit throughout the year.  And do it!!


Above all, don't stress about things you can't change - and if you can change them and want to; go for it!


Take care,

Tracey xx


** I wasn't advertising there, but I do teach piano/keyboard online so if you would like to find out more; message me!!



Comments

  1. I have decided to have a go at making Suffolk puffs this week. I tried once before and the results were 'interesting', but there is no time like the present. I think I will spare you from trying to teach me piano since I am definitely in the two left hands camp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new layout. And yes, it's -26 today. The dogs are refusing to go out unless absolutely necessary

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sprinkling of snow and very cold, yes we will be staying in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your upbeat attitude! Motivation is my problem but I am getting there, slowly.💖

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts