Being Quirky

 Oh. My. Goodness I Love Being Different!!


If I could go back thirty years I would tell myself that you will never be truly happy until you love yourself as.you.are. 

For a long time I thought I had to be like other people, that I had to like things they did, follow their ideas - or I wouldn't be happy in my life.

Once I understood that this life is mine, I began to relax and become the me I am today.

I have been called weird, mad, daft and silly (and probably a few other things..). I identify with the word quirky!


My hair is wild, I tell jokes and use wit wherever I can. 

I love to have adventures; if someone says 'I dare you' - I take up the challenge; my settees don't match; I dress differently... and I am happy.

I grow seeds in used longlife milk cartons, store onions in old tights and make up songs as I go about my daily life.  

I beachcomb for 'treasure' with the grandkids, knit and sew costumes or pictures or toys or quilts, read voraciously, laugh at 1970s sitcoms and think farts are funny.

My hobbies include playing piano, studying a third degree that I don't expect to use (other than to enjoy the learning experience) and painting.

I value effort over attainment, love and respect over almost anything.

I think people who are deliberately mean or nasty should eat dog poo sandwiches until they change their ways, that laughter really is one of the best medicines and a tummy full of food is something to be celebrated as there are so many who suffer starvation in this world.

One of my favourite things to do is smell the sea. 

I like it when the weather fits the season - cold in winter, sunny in summer.

I love things that are 'Free' and happy with 'reduced' in a shop.

Vegetables and fruit don't need a sell-by date - that's what our eyes, nose and fingers are for.

When I was a kid I didn't have a favourite animal or a favourite colour because I didn't want the other ones thinking I was being mean by not choosing them.

I love picnics, homemade cakes and coffee from a flask. 

I think takeaways are rare treats (as in once a year rather than once a week),  homemade is best, and I'd rather go without than pay someone £3.50 for a paper cup of coffee.

I wear clogs all year round, save buttons in a pretty tin (OK several pretty tins) and use 1940s crockery in my kitchen.  And I wear a poncho.

Quirky is a bloody OK place to be.

Quirky is me.


Take care,

Tracey xx


Comments

  1. Amen to that! It’s taken me nearly 60 years to love my weird but wonderful self. I care much less (if at all) if I’m honest, what others think of me. I know what I like. :)


    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I have a lot in common Tracey. I am fine with being different , but I wish I had realised that a lot earlier in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good to me. Everybody should be who they want to be and not fit into what other people want or expect.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts