My Favourite Things





As regular readers will know, I'm a sucker for a list.
They make me feel more organised, less stressed, and help with the day-to-day running of the wee chateau here in Devon!
I thought I'd share a list with you today.

My Top Ten!

1. My favourite film is Truly Madly Deeply.  I laugh and sob and it is simply a gorgeous story.  The use of music in it is superb, and as for the acting...ohhh!
Truly Madly Deeply | DVD | Free shipping over £20 | HMV Store

2. My favourite book changes regularly - (I'm a literacy tart!) - but it's currently a re-reading of Ben Elton's Blind Faith


3.My favourite dessert is Apple Crumble and Custard (dairy free).  I also love dairy-free ice-cream - vanilla of course!
Apple Crumble & Custard
4. My favourite food (dinner) has to be homemade curry - well, in fact any curry; but since the lockdown and follow-up it's homemade curry with a capital C!

5. My favourite drink is a cup of tea.  From a pot.  In the garden.  Ahhhh.A Perfectly Lovely Pot Of Tea

6. My favourite music - there's lots as you can imagine, - so I've narrowed the category:

            6.a: Favourite opera is Tosca by Puccini..dramatic music, dark plot and surprise                       ending (hope I haven't ruined it for anyone...)
            6.b: Favourite musical is Seven Brides for Seven Brothers...the complete opposite                     to 6.a. It is a feel good old-fashioned musical and on a blue day I could just                       watch it over and over as it is so cheery.
            6.c: My favourite Symphony is Tchaikovsky Pathetique
            6.d: My favourite choral work is Mozart Requiem.  He was writing it when he died                     suddenly aged 35.
            6.e: Favourite Concerto is Bach Double Violin Concerto - it reduces me to tears of                     bliss..
           
7. My favourite time of day is coming downstairs for breakfast on the sofa with husband, dog and porridge (in that order) to watch a repeated episode of Frasier on the Telly before we start the day.
Pinhead Oat Porridge Recipe - Great British Chefs
8. My favourite colour is red - deep lipstick red.
The Best Burgundy Lipsticks For When You're Bored of Red | StyleCaster

9. My favourite place to be on holiday - Carnac in Southern Brittany:  in the UK, St.Ives in Cornwall.  The beaches in Carnac are the softest sand and teeny little shells.  The tide comes in shallow and the sea is clear azure blue.  
La plage de Ty Bihan à Carnac dans le Morbihan en Bretagne Sud

10. My favourite artist is Jack Vettriano.  I love his contemporary style and the themes are always about love and relationships. One of the things I admire most is that he taught himself to paint.

Jack Vettriano: I've given up all my vices - except women | Daily ...


Rain drops on roses and whiskers on kittens,
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens,
Brown paper packages tied up with strings...
These are a few of my favourite things.





Comments

  1. 6.b: Favourite musical is Seven Brides for Seven Brothers...the complete opposite to 6.a. It is a feel good old-fashioned musical and on a blue day I could just watch it over and over as it is so cheery.

    Oh my stars this is a MUST WATCH every year at Christmas for me and the HG and we sing and commentate all the way through it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good blog entry. Please may I borrow it?
    6b for me is West Side Story. Stunning music and dancing.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, Joy! I love West Side Story - the music is brilliantly composed. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. Definitely classical.
      And many thanks.
      xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts