Friends

How Friends ruined TV comedy - Vox

Definition: a person with whom one has a bond of mutual affection, typically one exclusive of sexual or family relations.

I think we will all have similar definitions for a friend.
Someone who listens.
Someone who never judges us.
Someone we trust?

Someone we can call when we are in trouble -  they say, "I'm on my way", then they grab a shovel and a bottle of Tequila...

Like many adults of my age, I've had friends in my life that have turned out to be as rotten as a soggy onion, and other friends who would never leave my metaphorical side even if we haven't seen each other for a few weeks.

But how to define someone I feel is a friend?

So.  Here is my  - Tracey's - list of qualities to be a friend of mine:

1. A person I can trust.  With my purse, with my husband, with my life.
2. A non-judgemental person.  Whether I have eaten a little too much cake, drunk a little too much Cherry Brandy or used a little too many swear words.
3. A person with a great sense of humour.  Someone who can put up with my daft jokes and able to text me ones they've heard.
4. A person I can call in floods of tears, in fits of laughter, in fear of my life.
5. A person who makes my life complete just by being part of it.

What qualities describe a friend to you?

Tracey xx






Comments

Popular Posts