When you're weary..
We all get days where life just seems so heavy.
There just isn't enough chocolate (or cheese, or crisps - whatever your poison is) left in the world to lift your spirits.
On a day like that, I hope one of these might help:
P.S. Don't try dancing with a lemon. Trust me on that one...
I like that one. It's like a well-meaning chum. A bossy one, but well-meaning.
1. Apply pressure to the fleshy skin between your thumb and index finger. Chinese medicine says it will help with relaxation.
2. Make a to-do list. Put dates by things that are essential, everything else is just a to-do.
3. Stand outdoors, tilt your head upwards and breathe in the outdoors air.
4. Have five minutes on your own away from life. The loo is quite a good place to escape other people - take a crossword and a pencil with you and pretend you are going to a poo!
5. Try this meditation that helps me:
Close your eyes.
Think to yourself: what can I taste? Taste inside your mouth and decide what you can taste.
Think to yourself: what can I smell? Breathe in and decide what you can smell.
What can I hear? Listen and decide what you can hear.
What can I feel? Think through your body from your feet to your head, and move bits and bobs to reach complete comfort.
What can I see? Let your mind wander into the first scene your brain gives you. a dusty old antique shop.... a miniature dolls house ... a summer meadow with picnic under dappled trees ...
N.B. If you are time-limited, set an alarm on your phone as stage 5 above often has me dozing off...! You can then relax into your visualisation.
Do you have any positive ideas I can add here?