Aubergine

 


(this is a stock photo - as  usual I forgot to take a picture!)

Dinner tonight was fab!
Aubergine parmigiana - a wee bit of prep, but well worth it!
I used:  
  • an aubergine, thinly sliced and cooked on a griddle
  • a chopped red onion
  • garlic granules - 2 tsp
  • chilli powder - 1 tsp
  • 2 tins chopped tomatoes
  • handful fresh tomatoes
  • block of feta, cut into 4
  • tomato puree, 2 tbsp
  • dried oregano - 1 tsp
  • rosemary from our garden
  • tinned potatoes
I griddled the aubergine slices and sat them to rest while I made the spicy tomato sauce.
To make this, I softened the onion and added the spices and oregano to tinned tomatoes and tomato puree.
Then I popped the tinned potatoes into roast with the rosemary and layered the aubergine, cheese and tomato sauce twice, finishing with the cheese.  
This was roasted until the cheese was bubbling and the potatoes had browned.

Disclaimers:
I forgot to take a picture.
The recipe isn't mine - I googled 'Aubergine' as we had one in the fridge to use.
The parmigiana should have parmesan added, but we don't use it unless we can buy some without rennet, and it was fine without.


Comments

  1. That sounds delicious Tracey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love your food posts on your old blog. I'm sure you posted a dahl once which was lovely, foolishly I never wrote the recipe down and have never found one as good. Take Care and keep posting x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts