Redecorating during lockdown

Rediscover Yourself As You Redesign Your Place

** this is a stock photo - my photos to follow!!

Man Wonderful and I watched a super TV programme yesterday about making the most of the space you have in your home.
We are lucky to have three bedrooms upstairs in our house, the largest is our bedroom.
The other two rooms are very small, but we decided (well, I decided!) that we could perhaps make better use of rooms 2 and 3, so today we spent the afternoon moving bits and bobs around.
We had used room 2 - an 'odd' shape and size, L shape and fairly slim - as a playroom for younger grandchildren and room 3 as a cramped craft room.  While the playroom worked to an extent, the craft room was just too full to be useful - and the desk I had was inaccessible..it had become an 'Oh just bung it in there' room.
As I type to you we have created an office/craft room in the larger room and in the small room (which is about 2 x 2 metres) we have begun to create a sensory room for our grandson who is autistic.
I filled two large bags with items for the charity shop (once Lockdown is over), a bag of paper products for recycling and some plastic items for the plastics bin which is at the local supermarket.
Nothing went into the rubbish bin which I was pleased about.

For the sensory room, I used some frosted privacy film from my craft store as the daylight seems to be too much and he doesn't like to look out of the window.  We have begun research into what would be good for this room.  By taking it down to the basics of a small sofa that becomes a bed and a comfy chair - all in the same neutral colour - we hope this will become his safe place once he gets used to the changes we made today.

Have you done any redecorating during the lockdown?

Tracey xx

Comments

  1. A tidy workspace is certainly conducive to a more productive and less stressful approach to work.....so I’m told! I really must sort out my workshop once and for all m’thinks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tidied my workspace - then tidied it - then tidied it...but i think being creative does lead to a little mess, and that's OK!

      Delete
  2. You did a great job! I haven't done any redecorating since lockdown but I had done some in January - and yes, I just move around things that I have and switch out things like cushion covers that I have in different colours.
    What I am doing is finally clearing out and organizing the stack of paperwork in my apt. - most of which is in my bedroom closet (I don't use it for clothes) plus it holds things like my luggage and other bins - it is the last bit that needs cleared! We are going to be locked down until at least the end of May so at least another 5 weeks to work on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you Margie but that's not my workspace, just a stock photo - I will publish my photos shortly. xx

      Delete
  3. A little but we are having trouble getting paint as it is not classed as essential. What a difference you have made to the room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so sweet of you, but it's a stock photo not my room - but I will post photos soon.
    We haven't painted our rooms, just moved things around and redesigned them using what we have - although now you've said paint I think man Wonderful might have a pot or two hidden in his man cupboard...hmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been doing stuff for work ( work with ASD ) and come across a wonderful site called The Autism Helper, its a teacher who has some brilliant ideas, she uses the TEACCH model which is like a gold standard. She makes aides herself ( from junk ! ) and its wonderful. I'm sure you could find something on the site that would be helpful to do with your DGS.

    Bless you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO MUCH! I've just managed to print off some great resources for daily lessons for him while we are home schooling - means the world to have someone that understands. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts