Grouchy Old Grumpy Pants


Mood Pants UK: Fun Ladies Underwear To Match Her Mood, Gift Boxed

Warning:  I will never blog falsely about having a perfect home/life/body/diet/lifestyle - all you will ever get from me is what's really happening.  I don't mind other folks blogging that way - as long as they don't hurt small children or animals - that is their business.

So:

Oh My!
You would NOT have wanted to be anywhere near me this morning...I promise you!
Talk about a grumpy old woman?  
Well combine that with a pre-menstrual cow and you might be halfway to where I was.
I couldn't for the LIFE of me work out what was going on.
The things that usually cause me no issue at all were the end of the world as we know it.

Let me give you a list:

  • someone burning toast and setting off the smoke alarm
  • a person having not asked me if I would like some toast (I didn't: I don't actually eat bread, but that was beside the point..)
  • a person eating their toast "noisily"
  • a child asking me something benign several times over and over
  • a child screeching really loudly in humour over and over and over
  • my bean plants having been ruined by the strong wind in the garden
As you can see - none of the above on any scale about to cause disaster to any part of our universe; but in combination, they were enough to send me seething into the garden to sulk over my coffee.

And almost immediately I was in tears.

My poor husband!!
Not only did he have 31 years of wife number 1, but he has now had 20 years of me - he deserves some kind of medal. (Ooh I know, I can carve him one out of burnt toast, she said sarcastically!)

But bless him, he brought me a fresh cuppa, gave me a hug and retreated to the sanctity of the kitchen to sort out the grandkids before coming to sit beside me and tell me that we all get days like this.  
And it's OK.

And he's right.

We are very lucky to have enough food, enough pennies, a roof over our heads and - thank God - we are well.
So right now everything else, just for a while, can go hang.

How are you doing today?

Tracey xx





Comments

  1. Hang on in there, it will pass. Stay strong. Sending you a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This too shall pass, I hope you are calmer today.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts